An effective strategy for recruiting new clients is to follow a process that allows you to break patterns. We use process-oriented questioning for this. Process-oriented questioning (and listening!) does, after all, give you process power. And the answers to the questioning give you expert power. We use 3 time dimensions: the past,present and future, and this actually summarises the process.
- past: How did you arrive at this method of selling? How did you decide to sell this way?
- present/future: What would you like to be different today?
- past: What steps have you already taken to resolve this?
- present: What is stopping you? Why hasn’t it been resolved yet?
- future: What do you think the next step is? (closing)
Copyright © 2011, René Knecht